Our Clinic recognizes the relationship between the physical, emotional and psychological aspects of a patient’s health. Our philosophy is to offer a holistic approach to care, attempting to address each of these factors. To that end, our mental health providers closely collaborate with our medical providers to offer a range of services that support patients’ emotional and psychological well-being. These services are affirmative, sex-positive, respectful and culturally sensitive.
Our therapists are: Licensed Social Workers (LSWs, LCSWs) and Licensed Counselors (LACs and LPCs). With expertise in the following areas:
- Gender transition and trans identities Lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer and questioning identities
- Reduction of the harmful effects of substance use
- Eating disorders and other compulsive behaviors
- Depression, anxiety, and PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Short-term psychotherapy (typically 12-20 sessions)
- Motivational counseling to encourage behavior change and reduce harm
- Therapy groups
- Psychiatric Evaluation (typically 1-3 sessions)
- Psychotropic medication management through primary care
I was quite literally standing on an edge, ready to jump off. And now I haven’t had a thought like that in weeks. I’m feeling a lot more like myself from my golden days. I’m, like, ready to start working on things again. It’s been really, really exciting. Having the energy to do that, just do things again.
When you’re you’re stuck in these places of depression and PTSD and anxiety, it’s like, you’re not really living a life, you’re just trying to manage a life. And, you know, I feel like, for the first time in a really long time, I’m living a life.
My parents didn’t realize what I had was depression, pretty serious depression too, for quite a long time. I came to serenity because I went to numerous doctors and tried numerous different medications for treating depression and anxiety with no luck… Like a month or two later (after starting TMS), I just felt fantastic.